Pages

Pinterest

November 3, 2013

My First guest post over at The Rubber Cafe


Good morning, I am overly delighted to be sharing my first Christmas card with you over at The Rubber Cafe.  It is made with the ah-mazing TRC November Creative Kit of the Month.  I wanted to keep this card clean and white with a splash of that yummy candy cane stripped paper included in the kit.


After layering papers on my 4 1/2 x 6 1/4 card base, I cut down a 3 1/4 x 4 1/2 piece of the white snowflake paper from the 6x6 paper pad included in the kit.  I utilized the cluster of flakes in the lower right corner.  With a brown marker, I colored only the antlers of the silly deer from "Twas the Night" (stamp set included) and added them to the top left corner.  You will see below where I was going with this.  I was hoping that they would resemble the twigs at the end of the pinecones.....


Knowing that I wanted the long ornament stamp from the same set to resemble a pinecone instead of an ornament, I  dug out my colored pencils and began coloring with browns to get my desired look.  Trimmed them out with my fine tip scissors and backed two of them with thin layers of foam tape.  


Here you can see how I clumped them together, added a bow and a jingle bell.


Using the same technique I used with the antlers, I colored only the word Christmas from the phrase "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas."  If you huff on it a little, it warms it up and stamps rather nicely.  I added this to the lower right, overlapping the excising snowflakes from the paper.  The white on white was too matchy, so I took the same brown marker that I had been stamping with and hand drew, a non-perfect border around the edges.  Backed the entire block with foam to create dimension and a little shadow to help the inner block pop off the background.

Now,  I only have 74 more Christmas cards to go!!  I will be joining TRC again on Monday November 11th with another card, which will take me down to 73!  See you all then.

Mary-Ann

Supplies:
Stamps: The Rubber Cafe' - Creative Cafe Kit of the Month -Twas the Night
Paper: The Rubber Cafe' - Creative Cafe Kit of the Month -Twas the Night
Adhesive: The Rubber Cafe'- Scrap Happy GlueKool Tak Foam
Embellishments: Ribbon, Jingle bell, Queen & Co. Rhinstone, all included in your kit.
Tools/Dies: Fine tip scissors, colored pencils, blender pen, brown marker


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Mary Anne! Can't wait to see what else you come up with. Very clever pine cones! See you soon...

    ReplyDelete