Pages

Pinterest

November 11, 2013

Sparkle & Shine over at The Rubber Cafe


Good morning, I am over at The Rubber Cafe today with my second guest post for the month of November.  You know what that means don't you?  I now have two holiday cards completed on my long long list.  How are things coming along for you?  I must say, when I saw the "Let it Snow" background add-on, I knew I wanted to create something elegant with those snowflakes.  What is more elegant than silver and gray?  I searched my Echo Park paper pad included with the kit and picked out complimentary papers that would hopefully translate to what I had in my head.  So here it is....



I started by collecting what I thought would end up on my card.  But like many you, I changed my mind.  I wanted my emphasis to be on the gray not black so I cut out the ribbon and added just a portion of one of the chalk stickers.


After layering my papers and embossing my background, I applied them together using foam behind the dark gray layer to create dimension.  Below, I show you how I perfectly cut the portion of the sticker I wanted.  I used my trimmer to get the straight line.  I am too haphazard with scissors and could NEVER get the straight result I would want.


Once the sticker was cut, I applied it to scrap white cardstock so it would be a bit more stable and I still wasn't sure where I was going to use it.  With dirty fine tip scissors, I trimmed it out.  


I stamped the image I wanted on the same gray snowflake paper I used in my border.  Trimmed out a square.  I backed this block with foam tape.  First, on the card, I placed down the black sticker, laid down some elegant silver thread to get a whimsical feel, and placed down my saying.  Now time for the bling!  I added the small gems to the small square and randomly placed the large snowflakes on my background.




I hope this card has inspired you to get busy with your Twas the Night - December kit.  Now I have 73 more to go, how about you?

Mary-Ann

Supplies:

Adhesive: The Rubber Cafe'- Scrap Happy GlueKool Tak Foam
Embellishments: Queen & Co. Rhinestones, Chalk Sticker sheet, and Snowflake gems, included in your kit, Silver Thread, Your so Fine Silver Glitter
Tools/Dies: Fine tip scissors, VersaMark Stamp pad, heating tool



No comments:

Post a Comment