Pages

Pinterest

January 30, 2014

Toys for Tots

With my husband being a retired Marine and has spent several years during his career participating in Toys for Tots, it was kind neat having connections to help Roman's Cub Scout group get involved.  The Cub Scout Group started collecting for Toys for Tots 3 years ago, but this is the first year that our friend, Chief Jennings (Navy) participated so we had to capture photos!

It was really neat to have the Marines & Navy, do uniform inspections on the boys, shake each hand and thank them individually for helping other, less fortunate children.  

I wanted to keep my layout clean and highlight the photos, my title and the "Say Cheese" tag.  I used this months Copper Mountain scrapbooking kit from Studio Calico and a few older ones as well.  Under the photo to the left, I did add some journaling.



I felt that my thin title needed stitching to help keep in place.

 
These black circles you see are from an older Studio Calico Stamp Set.  I added them to help balance the bold black on my tag.



Thanks for peeking in.  
Mary-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment