Pages

Pinterest

August 12, 2014

Touring Salem, MA

Isn't it funny how you never tour the areas that you live near?  
I think there is this little train museum in my home town deep in Maine that I swear I have never stepped foot in.  Well, maybe one of those school tours, but I certainly don't remember.  For the last 20+ years my husband and I have moved too many times to count.  I really know the count!  We moved 13 in 16 years in the Marine Corps then twice after.  So, that makes 15 moves together!  I am a pro and yes, we are still married!  Oh, and that is not counting childhood moves.  While moving around with the military, we toured some areas but still not like we should have.  History was not top on my list of things to hear about!  However, since I have gotten a tad bit older, I wish we would have spent more time checking things out in ALL of the different places we lived.  
With that said, we are determined to see things and force fun upon my child!  My cousin got married last year in Salem, MA.  Yup, where they hung witches, so we decided to stay over night and tour the area the next day.  Not sure I would do it again, but am glad that we did it.  
Of course, I created a layout of all the fun things we did while there in witches country.  

I must say that I am pretty proud of myself, this is the first double page spread I have done is awhile.




Here  the boys are plotting our adventure over breakfast.  Then they decided to pose in this cheesy tourist attraction.  I remember clearly, what Roman said after he walked away from this creepy guy trying to suck his neck!!  He was not impressed.  I remember walking by him smoking, he put his cigarette down, grabbed Roman as smoke was still billowing out of his face holes!  Impressive I must say.  Then he wanted a dollar for the picture!  


I can only imagine  how moldy this witch must get in rainy season.  I had no idea what to wear that day touring the area, so I thought a bikini top would be appropriate. hehe.  Roman caught this photo of the two of us strolling the neighborhood.




As you can see in the detail shots, I used several different paper layers.  This layout was created using Studio Calico's Hello Hello scrapbook kit as the starting point.  I think you can still get it:o)  The cityscape sheet was my fave.  Since it is a doodled scape, I decided I would doodle throughout my layout.  (as shown in close ups)  The pen I use is a must have for any journaler, doodler or checkbook balancer!  I got it, and two others from Eclectic Paperie.  It is called Fude Ball 1.5 MM black pen!  You won't be mad at me if you get one cause I told ya too.  I promise!  I also threw in some Glitz Design 6x6 Dapper Dan paper pack and Rhinestones.  Iguana Thickers, Freckled Fawn July 2014 and past kit embellishments and Studio Calico's green tag.  

Hope you enjoyed the trip through Salem.  It's a fun place, if your into witches:o)






1 comment:

  1. Fantastic layout Mary-Ann!!! Simple and clear project. Love love your houses. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete